Monday, October 29, 2007

Ready to Fly!

So the past two weekends I have been out of town visiting friends. The first to Grove City in Pennslyvania with Sarah to visit our friend Kip. I think it is always fun to see where your friends go off to college and how they make their own home and see how their daily life is. like visiting the howard girls too! Grove city is a beautiful campus period. Love it love it! This past weekend I went up to visit Brooks, he is going to school in montgomery which is like right outside of D.C. We got to ride the metro to the zoo! went shopping, saw dan in real life, which i thought was very cute. But might not fit everyones fancy.
So yeah after being away and seeing other schools then coming back to salisbury its kind of depressing. I mean i love my family and friends here no one could replace them. It's just colleges here are a spiritual wasteland, and can be quite draining. One praise though is whenever someone asks me what school i graduated from and i tell them a christian school it has opened up alot of discussion. i always get alot of questions and comments about it. That is super encouraging and reassuring to me that i was supposed to stay home this year.
But as for next year i have the passion to go away to college, to go experience and see things outside of the eastern shore. Once again i'm not dissing salisbury, it is a great place to grow up, or i think it is atleast, but i'm ready to go away, ya know?
So as soon as I came home from grove city, i started the application process. The thing of it is though i feel so confused. I have no direction on what school i am supposed to be at, what major or profession i should go into. just lost. I have been praying about it more seriously the past two weeks because its pratically all i have been thinking about. I would really appreciate your prayers for direction and guidance. I know it is all in God's hands! Thankfully other wise i don't know what i would do. Anyways sorry for rambling so much!

5 comments:

Sienna said...

hey han,
i just stumbled accross your new blog and i love this window into your life...i will definitely be praying for you. i know how it feels to be lost and confused... ugh.
love you dear. (thinking of you maybe at covenant is such a happy thought)

love,sienna

hannah said...

thank you so much! :) yeah covenant is wonderful its just expensive and far away.

sem said...

fly, hannah. go away. at least for a little while. it's good to leave sometimes. it lets you explore new worlds and (even better) new parts of yourself. and acutally, it usually leaves you appreciating what you left all the more.

Anonymous said...

Make categories:
Public, private, Christian.
Size matters:-) 5000(SU), 1300(Washington College), 26,999(UM College Park)
Travel-Would it be a long drive for Thanksgiving, or near a Southwest Airlines(cheap flights), or where friends can drive me home(N.D.:-)
Money:Loan my life away, work my way through college, some of both
Study: Gen. Ed. for a while, or pick a favorite subject,or a technical study
America has enough colleges around for all and the Lord DOES have a plan for you. Step by step. I'll pray too:-)

Anna P said...

Come join me in Nepal for a year! Praying for you, and I'm glad you've got this new blog so I can at least know what is sort of going on.